- Anesthetic agents – Medication or drugs that can be injected with a needle or rubbed onto and area to make it numb before a surgical procedure. Anesthesia drugs may also be given by mouth, breathed in as a gas, or injected into a vein or muscle to make a patient relaxed or unconscious.
- Hair follicle – A tube-like indentation in the skin from which a single hair grows.
- Minigraft or micrograft – Transplantation of a small number of hair follicles, as few as one to three hairs, into a transplant site.
- Transplantation – Surgically cutting out hair follicles and replanting them in a different spot on the head. For Your Information
- Hitzig, Gary S., ed Help and Hope For Hair Loss, Avon Press, 1997
- Strough, Dow B., and Robert S. Hamber, eds. Hair Replacement-Surgical and Medical. St. Louis: Mosby-Yearbook, 1996.
- Unger, Walter P., ed. Hair Transplantation. 3rd ed. New York: Marcel Dekker, 1995.
- Hitzig, G. S., J. P. Schwinning, and S. L. Handler. “Linear Grafting Using a Modified Slot Method: Introducing the Linear Punch.” Dermatologic Surgery (B2S) 23, no. 9 (Sept. 1997): 788-792.
- Bernstein, R. M., and W. R. Rassman. “Follicular Transplantation: Patient Evaluation and Surgical Planning.” Dermatologic Surgery (B2S) 23, no. 9 (Sept. 1997): 771-784, 801-805.
- Brady, D. A. “Chest Hair Used As Donor Material in Hair Restoration Surgery.” Dermatologic Surgery 23, no. 9 (Sept. 1997): 841-844.
- Byron, C. “Hair Raising.” Men’s Health 10, no. 6 (July/Aug. 1995): 72-77, 112, 114.
- Chang, L. Y., et. al. “Use of the Scalp as a Donor Site for Large Burn Wound Coverage: Review of 150 Patients.” World Journal of Surgery 22, no. 3 (Mar.1998): 296-300.
- Fischer, David. “The Bald Truth.” U.S. News & World Report (4 Aug. 1997): 44-50.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. 401 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60611-4267. (313) 527-6713.
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1110 Vermont Avenue NW, Suite 220, Washington, DC 20005. 800-332-3223.
- MD Hair Products – Hair re-growth products, skin care products, shampoos, vitamins, books, volumizing treatments, hair loss concealers, and so much more.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Prasad to determine the best procedure for you, submit the form below or call our Manhattan office at (646) 461-8547 or Garden City Long Island Office at (516) 535-9479. Our phones are open 24 Hours a Day / 7 Days a Week. Patient Financing options available for qualified candidates.